Sarah L. Cronin’s practice includes entertainment, intellectual property, insurance recovery, and complex business litigation. She represents and advises media and entertainment companies on a variety of matters, including copyright, trademark, defamation, invasion of privacy, right of publicity, insurance recovery, breach of contract, employment, cyber-piracy, and Internet domain name retrieval through the World Intellectual Property Organization.
She has served as counsel in connection with disputes before the Motion Picture Association of America Title Registration Bureau, and appeared before a variety of state and federal courts.
Sarah also represents and advises clients in insurance recovery matters, representing policyholders against their insurance providers to enforce their coverage rights, and recovering millions of dollars in unpaid claims and damages on behalf of policyholders.
Prior to private practice, Sarah served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Richard A. Kramer, Judge of the California Superior Court, County of San Francisco, Complex Litigation Department. She also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Susan Y. Illston, Judge of the United States District Court, Northern District of California.
- Represented major film studio in successfully defeating all claims brought against billion dollar motion picture franchise
- Represented a cable network and two actors, among others; obtained a dismissal of a $200 million copyright infringement claim relating to a popular series
- Represented a radio network through a bench trial, and obtained a dismissal of fraud and breach of contract claims; secured an award of more than $550,000 in attorneys’ fees in the client’s favor
- Assisted in successfully retrieving numerous Internet domain names incorporating clients’ trademarks from cybersquatters all over the world
- Represented a production company in a coverage dispute over a claim for copyright infringement, securing coverage for attorneys’ fees and settlement with the plaintiff
- Represented one of the nation’s top commercial construction companies in multi-million-dollar insurance coverage disputes nationwide
- Represented a general contractor in successfully obtaining insurance coverage for a multi-million-dollar construction defect claim
- Represented a manufacturing company in successfully obtaining insurance coverage for a pollution liability claim.
- J.D. University of California, Hastings College of the Law 2007
- B.A. St. Peter’s University 2002
Bar Admissions : California
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
Professional Memberships :
- Co-chair, California Chapter and Member of the Insurance Group of the Media Law Resource Center (MLRC)
- Co-chair, American Bar Association Forum on Communications Law’s Media Advocacy Workshop
- Chair, ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section (TIPS), Media, Privacy and Advertising Law Committee
- Board member, Independent Shakespeare Company.
Rate : $$$