Sarah L. Metz has been with Smith Bigman Brock since 2013. Ms. Metz, along with Mr. Ganz, manages the firm’s business and property litigation practice group and focuses on business, commercial, and real property litigation and pre-litigation matters.
Ms. Metz is an experienced advocate in the courtroom as well as an advisor to her clients in all aspects of business from practical day to day management to extraordinary circumstances that lead to litigation.
Her work encompasses contract disputes between individuals and companies, joint venture issues, employer/employee disputes, discrimination claims and defenses, residential and commercial landlord/tenant issues, condominium and homeowners association matters, foreclosures, and more. Ms. Metz practices regularly in both state and federal courts in Florida.
Prior to joining Smith Bigman Brock, Ms. Metz focused her work primarily in the area of international trade and customs law litigation at a boutique firm in Tallahassee, Florida. She earned her juris doctorate from Florida State University College of Law in 2011 having concentrated her studies on international law and trial work.
She honed her trial advocacy skills as a Florida Supreme Court certified legal intern with the 2nd Circuit State Attorney’s office and through her participation in state and national mock trial and moot court competitions.
Ms. Metz is dedicated to working with her clients to achieve the best possible outcome for them in each case by counseling them on all their options and skillfully advocating on their behalf whether in negotiating a settlement or arguing in court.
- Florida, 2011
- Mississippi, 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2012
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2014
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida – 2011
- University of Mississippi – 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Daytona Beach West Rotary, Board of Directors, 2016 – Present
- Daytona Beach West Rotary, Member, 2015 – Present
- Volusia County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Board of Directors, 2014 – Present
- Daytona Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2013 – Present
- Volusia County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, President, 2017 – 2018
- Daytona Beach Young Professionals Group, Member, 2014 – 2016
- Daytona Beach Young Professionals Group, Board of Directors, 2014 – 2016
- Daytona Beach Young Professionals Group, Co-Chair, Community Service Committee, 2014 – 2016
Rate : $$$$