Sarah-Nell Walsh represents clients in complex business litigation and counsels them on regulatory compliance and data security, with a focus on the financial and construction industries. Sarah-Nell Walsh is a skilled problem solver who strives to provide business solutions to clients at every stage of a dispute from risk assessment through appeal.
Having managed hundreds of cases through the life cycle of litigation, she capably handles early resolution and dismissal of actions, complex motion practice, and trial in state and federal courts.
Ms. Walsh has a national practice and has defended single plaintiff, multi-party, and class action lawsuits for breach of contract, violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), and Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) in state and federal courts in 16 states.
At the appellate level, Ms. Walsh has represented clients in proceedings before the Georgia Court of Appeals, Florida Court of Appeals, Florida Supreme Court, and the Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
She also counsels clients through high-profile, high-stakes investigations by regulators such as the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
- William & Mary School of Law, J.D., 2004
- University of Virginia, B.A., 2001
- Georgia, 2004
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Leader of a regional counsel team of 22 attorneys defending a publicly-traded financial services company in federal and state litigation related to mortgage servicing.
- Obtained a dismissal with prejudice of a complaint in federal court alleging that a mortgage servicer had violated the TCPA and the FCCPA.
- Defeated a putative class action against an investor in mortgage-backed securities in state court for violations of the FDCPA and FCCPA with a motion for judgment on the pleadings.
- Represented a terminally ill doctor in the transfer of his ownership interest in a medical practice due to his permanent disability and obtained a favorable settlement at mediation.
- Won directed verdict for a mortgage servicer on a variety of claims arising out of allegations of wrongful foreclosure and predatory lending, including fraud, negligent misrepresentation, and violations of the FDCPA, in federal court.
- Counseled Fortune 100 telecommunications company on document retention and e-Discovery while the case was on appeal to the United States Supreme Court.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Mortgage Bankers Association of Georgia’s Future Leaders Program (2018)
- Recipient – JPEG Picture the Future Award by The American Legal & Financial Network (ALFN) (2017)
- Member – State Bar of Georgia
- Member – American Bar Association
Rate : $$$