Sarah L. Pheasant advises clients on various aspects of education law and regulatory compliance, including issues pertaining to the Higher Education Act, Title IV federal student aid programs, state educational licensing laws and the accreditation of postsecondary institutions.
She has helped to advise non-profit and for-profit educational institutions and private investors on complex transactions, including changes of ownership involving institutions of higher education.
Before joining Drinker Biddle, Sarah handled a diverse range of litigation, from pharmaceutical product liability and white-collar criminal defense to legal malpractice and securities litigation. She has also advised on legislative and policy matters around elder care and non-profit administration.
- Represents clients in purchases and sales of institutions or their assets.
- Represents private institutional clients in conversions from proprietary to not-for-profit status.
- Counsels clients on U.S. Department of Education negotiated rulemaking processes.
- Advises clients on matters arising from institutional participation in federal student aid programs, including change of ownership processes and requirements, campus crime, safety and sexual assault regulations under the Clery Act and Title IX of the Higher Education Act.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., Journal of Legislation, Women’s Law Journal, Journal on Law & Public Policy
- Swarthmore College, B.A., cum laude
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia
Court Admissions : U.S. Supreme Court
Rate : $$$$