Sarah Rubin is a partner in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. Ms. Rubin’s transportation practice includes extensive experience with New York no-fault matters, including defending lawsuits and arbitrations for insurance carriers and third-party administrators.
Ms. Rubin advises her clients on the proper handling of no-fault insurance claims and how to navigate the complex Insurance Department no-fault regulations to ensure proper compliance. She also hosts seminars and presentations for her clients and the insurance industry regarding changes in the no-fault law, proper claims handling to minimize litigation costs and to ensure cost-effective management of claims.
Ms. Rubin takes an active role in negotiating no-fault claims with various plaintiffs’ law firms and Marshal offices. She has participated in numerous settlement projects for her clients whereby she has settled hundreds of no-fault claims.
In addition to handling no-fault matters, Ms. Rubin defends ambulette companies, school bus companies and other commercial vehicles in bodily injury lawsuits. Ms. Rubin’s practice includes the defense of building owners, tenants, property management companies, subcontractors and vendors in slip/trip and fall cases.
She also has experience defending bars and restaurants in premise liability and dram shop cases. Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Ms. Rubin worked as an associate at a large national insurance defense firm in the General Liability Practice.
- Cardozo School of Law Yeshiva University, Juris Doctor, 2000
- George Washington University, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, 1997
- State Bar Admissions, New Jersey, New York
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the New Jersey Bar
Rate : $$$