Sarah Sawyer is a labor and employment attorney with a focus on commercial, business, and employment litigation. Ms. Sawyer allows business owners to focus on growing their business by anticipating, identifying, and avoiding legal landmines. As an experienced business advisor, she works with her clients to come up with solutions to their greatest legal questions and concerns.
She counsels her clients to implement better policies and practices upfront to ensure they will not face expensive and prolonged legal battles. Ms. Sawyer also advises her clients on how to comply with federal regulations, such as wage and discrimination laws, and withstand litigation when it does arise.
Ms. Sawyer received her B.S. in Legal Studies from Stevenson University where she was awarded the University’s highest honor, the Stevenson University Pin. She was a member of multiple boards including the University Hearing Board, Alumni Giving Board, and was the first student member of the Legal Studies Advisory Board.
Ms. Sawyer received her J.D. from the University of Baltimore School of Law where she served as a board member on the Student Bar Association and competed nationally as a member of the Thomas Tang National Moot Court Team.
Prior to law school, Ms. Sawyer interned with State Senator Bobby Zirkin, State Delegate Dan Morhaim and was an aid and campaign manager to Councilwoman Vicki Almond.
Education & Admissions:
- J.D., University of Baltimore School of Law
- B.S., Stevenson University
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Community Law in Action’s (CLIA) Board of Directors, Board Member
- Legal Advisory Board Stevenson University, Board Member
- Women’s Law Center of Maryland, Judicial Selections Committee Member
- Baltimore City Bar Association, Member
Rate : $$$$