Sarah Link Schultz handles large, complex restructuring cases and out-of-court corporate reorganizations for public and private companies, as well as for alternative investment funds. She routinely handles representations for both debtors and creditors.
Sarah is dedicated to understanding the intricacies of her clients’ businesses and tailors legal strategy to meet those commercial objectives.
Sarah regularly represents:
- Secured lender groups
- Acquirers of assets
- Debtor-in-possession lenders
- Official and unofficial committees of creditors
- Advised an international and domestic maritime transportation services company in a Chapter 11 process to implement the restructuring of certain business lines and a competitive bidding process with respect to others. Served as lead restructuring counsel to the client in negotiating the restructuring of assets and structuring three sale processes that maximized the value of assets, which, when combined, allowed the reorganized entity to continue operating.
- Represented an oil and gas exploration company that was in default under all credit and other financial agreements. Advised the client on the use of the Chapter 11 process—including a novel restructuring issue—as a tool to bring parties to the table and facilitate a consensual restructuring. The assets were ultimately sold to a third party during a significant downtown in the oil and gas industry.
- Counseled the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors to a health care company. Clients were facing a proposed restructuring plan that provided them with no payment on account of their claims. Identified pockets of value and negotiated for an appropriate allocation of such value to the client.
- Sarah is a frequent conference and seminar speaker and presents on the topic “Rejection of Gathering and Processing Agreements in Chapter 11” for clients and industry leaders across the country.
- Sarah’s other recent speaking engagements include:
- Moderator, “Ethics Panel: From Rules to Reality—How to Comply,” ACIC 2018 Spring Investment Conference, April 29, 2018.
- Moderator, Distressed M&A Panel, TMA Distressed Investing Conference, Turnaround Management, February 7 and 8, 2018.
- Presenter, “Bankruptcy and Distressed M&A Transactions,” Deal Maker’s Boot Camp, May 3, 2017.
- Presenter, “Nobody Likes to Face Rejection: Recent Issues Regarding Executory Contracts,” April 21, 2017.
- Presenter, “Black Gold, Texas Tea—the Beverly Hillbillies,” Bankruptcy Bench Conference, March 2, 2016.
- J.D., University of Minnesota Law School,cum laude, 2001
- B.A., University of North Dakota, summa cum laude, 1998
Rate : $$$