Sarah Springer has been practicing law since 1980 and has a wealth of experience in all aspects of family law, including divorce, child custody, possession issues, child support, modification and enforcement of prior orders, termination of parental rights, adoptions, pre-marital agreements, and post-marital agreements.
Sarah has been a litigator, a mediator and a judge. She has perspective in family law from both sides of the bench. In addition to family law matters, Sarah has years of experience in estate planning and probate.
Sarah’s judicial service was in Mississippi, where she was a Chancellor – a state district judge serving two counties. Chancery Court covers family law and probate as well as juvenile cases. Sarah returned to Texas in 2007 and established the Springer Law Firm in Katy, and the firm serves clients in Harris, Fort Bend, Waller, Wharton and Austin Counties.
In addition to her law practice, Sarah conducts family law mediations. She is available for private mediations and also volunteers through the Fort Bend County Dispute Resolution Center where she conducts mediations for low-income residences of Fort Bend County.
Sarah received the 2016 Suzanne Bartholomew Service Award in appreciation for her dedication and service to Fort Bend Lawyers Care, where she currently serves as Secretary to the Board of Directors.
Sarah has served for three years as the President of the Katy Bar Association, and has also served as President of the Fort Bend Bar Association. She was the Editor of the Katy Bar Association Newsletter, which won the 2016 Stars of Texas Bars award for Small Bar Newsletter as a result of her efforts.
Sarah has two sons, Kyle who received his Law Degree from the University of Houston Law School in 2016 and is employed at Baker Botts in Houston, and Colin, a graduate of the University of Texas, who is serving in the U.S. Navy, stationed in Rhode Island. She is also “Starka” to granddaughter Audrey.
- Texas, 1980
- Mississippi, 1982
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina, J.D. – 1980
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, B.A. – 1977
- National Judicial College, – 1995
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Katy Bar Association, Secretary, 2007 – Present
- Fort Bend Bar Association, President, 2007 – Present
- Austin County Bar Association, 2007 – Present
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, Real Estate, Probate & Trusts Section, Member
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, 2007 – Present
- Houston Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, 2008 – Present
- The College of the State Bar of Texas, Member, 2007 – Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 1980 – Present
- Katy Bar Association, President
- Chancery Judges Conference, ABA Delegate, 1997 – Present
Rate : $$$