Sarah G. Trainer focuses her practice in the area of oil, gas and mineral law and property law with emphasis on mineral and leasehold title examination. She is a former clerk for Judge Joseph “Tad” Halbach, Harris County State District Court Judge.
Ms. Trainer has extensive experience drafting original drilling title opinions, division order title opinions, lease acquisition title opinions and supplemental title opinions. Ms. Trainer also has experience in all aspects of litigation, including oil and gas litigation, property damage and premises liability.
- Draft original drilling title opinions, division order title opinions, lease acquisition title opinions and supplemental title opinions covering hundreds of tracts of land allowing clients to identify issues affecting the ability to drill and produce from said tracts prior to drilling and provide assistance in curing those defects, allowing drilling to take place
- Analyzed title runsheets, deeds, contracts, deeds of trust, probate, divorce and guardianship proceedings to determine mineral interest ownership and to verify that all current mineral owners have been properly leased
- Identify problems in the chain of fee and leasehold title and explain steps to solve problems
- Advise clients regarding complicated fee title, leasehold title and drilling issues
- Actively defended one of the largest Fortune 100 companies in the United States
- J.D. South Texas College of Law
- B.A. Southern Methodist University
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Adopt-an-Angel Committee
- Volunteer Judge, South Texas College of Law Mock Trial Summer Academy
- Mariners’ Club Chili Cook-Off, 2005 Award-Winning Chili
Rate : $$$$