Sarah C. Wang represents individuals and companies in government investigations and enforcement actions in a variety of areas, including anti-bribery and corruption, financial fraud, government procurement fraud, and cybersecurity and data protection.
She regularly conducts internal investigations on behalf of clients, serves as special counsel to boards of directors and their committees, counsels companies on the adoption and operation of their compliance programs, and defends complex civil litigation.
Before joining Akerman, Sarah was an associate in the Washington, D.C. office of an AmLaw10 firm. Sarah also previously worked as a trial lawyer in the compliance division of the Consumer Product Safety Commission, seeking settlements and bringing civil actions against companies for violations of product safety rules and regulations.
Notable Work :
- SEC Investigations: Represented multiple clients in SEC investigations, including the chief financial officer of a media manalytics company in an accounting fraud investigation and a senior living company in an accounting fraud and misconduct investigation
- Federal False Claims Act: Represented a French corporation in a California state and federal False Claims Act matter
- Cybersecurity and Data Breach: Represented a Fortune 20 corporation in developing a factual record in a cybersecurity and data breach investigation
- J.D., American University Washington College of Law, 2004, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.A., Washington University in St. Louis, 1999, cum laude
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia; Maryland
Professional Experience :
- Compliance Division of the Consumer Product Safety Commission, Trial Lawyer
Rate : $$$