Sarah Winston works as a partner in the Firm’s Global Real Estate Practice Group in Chicago. She advises developers, institutional lenders and equity investors on buying and selling a wide range of commercial real estate, particularly hotels and resorts.
Ms. Winston advises hotel owners, managers and lenders on acquisitions, joint ventures, dispositions, management agreements, financing and ground lease transactions. She also represents clients in the purchase, sale, exchange, leasing and financing of resorts, golf courses, office space, industrial buildings, shopping centers, franchise properties and vacant land.
- Michigan State University (J.D. cum laude) (1998)
- University of Michigan (B.A. Political Science) (1994)
- U.S. Federal District Court~United States (1999)
- Illinois~United States (1999)
- Michigan~United States (1998)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Michigan Bar Association
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented a hotel owner in a USD215 million transaction to sell six properties located across the US.
- Represented a developer in acquiring property in Chicago to build a hotel and condominium complex with approximately 275 hotel rooms and 352 condominium units.
- Represented a seller/borrower in the liquidation of various US properties in bankruptcy court, and the “exit” financing secured by over 100 US properties.
- Represented the borrowers in a USD425 million direct to capital markets securitized loan transaction secured by five luxury hotels located throughout the US and Mexico.
Rate : $$$