Sari M. Long helps clients who are crossing borders with immigration, I-9 compliance and worksite enforcement issues. She advises on U.S. employment-based immigrant and nonimmigrant visas and labor certifications filed before the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and U.S. Department of Labor (DOL).
Sari also works with Faegre Baker Daniels’ government team on the process and policies of procurement, bidding and government contracting. Sari works with multinational and local clients on U.S. inbound immigration matters, including :
- Advising on E-Verify implementation and practice
- Guiding employers in responding to and preparing for worksite enforcement actions
- Supporting employers with student and intern visa issues, including F-1 and J-1
- Counseling employers and foreign nationals on global travel-related questions
After serving as an immigration paralegal at Faegre Baker Daniels from 2005-06, Sari expanded her background and knowledge on diversity and immigration through a series of experiences, including :
- Working in-house at a technology company as a human resources business partner
- Working in Tajikistan as a legal intern for the American Bar Association’s Rule of Law Initiative
- Researching and writing about LGBT issues within asylum law for a Cambridge-based nonprofit
- Providing case support at the Department of Justice for prosecuting hate crimes.
Professional Associations :
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Women’s Bar Association of Washington, D.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels Women’s Forum for Achievement — Leadership Council, 2015-present
Civic Activities :
- Arzuw Foundation — Founder and Board Co-Chair, 2006-present
- Peace Corps Turkmenistan — Volunteer, 2003-2005
Rate : $$$