With a focus on employment law, Sarir Z. Silver represents clients in single plaintiff, collective action, and class action litigation. Sarir has navigated matters concerning breach of various restrictive covenants, such as violations of non-compete agreements and theft of trade secrets.
She has extensive experience litigating claims arising under Title VII, Title III, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), New York State Human Rights Law (NYSHR), and New York City Human Rights Law (NYCHL).
Sarir’s practice extends to New Jersey, where she represents clients in employment-related claims arising under New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (NJLAD) and Conscientious Employee Protection Act (CEPA). Employers value Sarir’s pragmatic advice on complying with equal employment opportunity laws and taking precautionary measures to deter litigation.
To that end, she frequently counsels employers on workplace-related decisions, policies and handbooks, equal employment opportunity training seminars, harassment investigations, and employment contracts. Sarir’s clients span a spectrum of sectors including hospitality, media, construction, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, higher education, and non-profit.
- J.D., New York Law School, 2005
- B.S., Villanova University, Finance, 2002
Bar Admissions : New York; New Jersey
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- American Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Judicial Clerkship for the Honorable Mark Falk, U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2003
Rate : $$$