Scott Kane serves as a trusted counselor to business leaders, boards of directors, in-house counsel, public officials and other clients. A skilled lawyer with extensive experience handling complex disputes, the strategic and business goals of Scott’s clients are always top of mind. Scott assists clients in developing strategies for avoiding or minimizing legal disputes whenever possible.
When disputes cannot be avoided, Scott employs a strategic approach to litigation to aggressively protect clients’ interests but also to achieve cost-effective resolutions that serve the business objectives of his clients. When necessary, this includes defending those interests at trial.
He has represented clients in courts and arbitration proceedings across the US in a variety of industries, including financial services, manufacturing, consumer products, technology, professional services, and design and construction. He also has significant experience representing both debtors and creditors in disputed matters in large Chapter 11 cases and other bankruptcy-related litigation.
Scott serves as office managing partner of the Cincinnati office. In addition to his litigation practice, Scott leads our eDiscovery & Data Management Team and teaches electronic discovery law as an adjunct professor at the University of Cincinnati College of Law. Prior to law school, Scott served in the United States Army and is a veteran of Operation Desert Storm.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Past-president, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky chapter of the Federal Bar Association.
- Board member, University of Cincinnati College of Law Board of Visitors.
- Member and former chair, Common Pleas Court Committee of the Cincinnati Bar Association.
- Chairman, Cincinnati Volunteer Lawyers for the Poor.
- Board of Directors, Cincinnati Regional Economic Development Initiative (REDI).
- Cincinnati United Way Tocqueville Society.
- Hamilton County Republican Party Judicial Selection Committee.
- Law & Leadership Institute (Cincinnati Advisory Board).
- Board member, Cincinnati College of Law Alumni Association.
- University of Cincinnati, J.D., Order of the Coif, student articles chair, University of Cincinnati Law Review, 1997
- Western Michigan University, B.S., summa cum laude, 1994
Rate : $$$