Scott Wolfson has been licensed for 23 years and works in Troy, MI. This attorney attended University of Minnesota Law School and handles cases in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Business.
Clients include original equipment manufacturers, tier-one and sub-tier suppliers, technology companies, start-ups, directors and officers, trade creditors, distressed companies, debtors, trustees, receivers, lenders, landlords, tenants, asset purchasers, lessors, preference and fraudulent transfer defendants, and unsecured creditors’ committees.
Restructures financially distressed companies in and out of court. Litigates a broad range of commercial disputes. Represents purchasers of assets in bankruptcy and state court insolvency proceedings. Certified mediator with extensive experience mediating bankruptcy and commercial disputes.
Represents all interests in bankruptcy litigation, assignments for the benefit of creditors, and receiverships.
Represents members of boards of directors and corporate officers in breach of fiduciary duty and derivative litigation.
Extensive experience representing original equipment manufacturers and suppliers, including ensuring the continuity of supply from non-performing, financially distressed, or bankrupt suppliers.
Criminal jury trial experience as defense counsel (obtained felony acquittal) and as a former prosecutor for the Keweenaw Bay Indian Community.
- University of Minnesota Law School, J.D.
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Law Review: Managing Editor, Law and Inequality Journal
- Michigan State University, James Madison College, B.A.
- Honors: with High Honors, Phi Beta Kappa, Mortar Board
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois; Trial Bar
- Hearing Panelist, Michigan Attorney Discipline Board (2017 – present)
- American Bar Association, Business Bankruptcy Committee (Rules Subcommittee Vice Chair, 2014 – 2017, Chair 2017 – present)
- Oakland County Circuit Court Case Evaluator, Complex Commercial Panel (2011 – present)
- State Bar of Michigan, Representative Assembly (2004-2010)
- Federal Bar Association, Eastern District of Michigan
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Central States Advisory Board (2014-present)
- James Madison College Alumni Association, Board of Directors (1998-2004), Secretary (2003-2004)
Rate : $$$$