Scott D. Anderson is a partner and registered patent attorney with Foley & Lardner LLP, where he counsels clients on a wide variety of intellectual property issues, particularly those involving patent and trade secret law, product design, licensing, and transactions.
Mr. Anderson is a member of the firm’s Mechanical & Electromechanical Technologies and Green Energy Technologies Practices. He is also a member of the Food & Beverage and Automotive Industry Teams.
As a member of one of the largest intellectual property practices in the United States, he counsels clients and provides business-focused solutions relating to issues such as:
- Creating, implementing, and managing IP strategy programs and portfolios for small, mid, and large sized companies
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications
- Assessing and managing IP enforcement actions and risk analysis projects
- Negotiating and preparing IP agreements, including joint development, professional services agreements, and license agreements
- Conducting IP due diligence and counseling for mergers, acquisitions, capital funding, and other business transactions
Mr. Anderson has worked with manufacturers and investment firms in a wide variety of technical disciplines, ranging from medical devices, sporting goods, automotive, food products and packaging, clean/green technologies, water technologies, software and Internet applications, and other consumer, commercial, industrial, or investment products and services.
Mr. Anderson graduated from University of Wisconsin – Madison (B.S., mechanical engineering, 1993) and Marquette University Law School (J.D., summa cum laude, 1999), where he was a member of the Marquette Law Review and was the editor-in-chief of the Marquette Intellectual Property Law Review.
Admissions and Professional Memberships :
Mr. Anderson is admitted to practice in the state of Wisconsin and before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He is a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
Representative Matters :
- Provided strategic advice on enforcement and management of the successful enforcement in Europe of a registered Community Design on food service product for a U.S. client against a German company.
- After obtaining a preliminary injunction, a bailiff seized and destroyed the infringing products, and a customs seizure request was filed with European customs officials (infringing products were being manufactured in Turkey and shipped into Europe for sale by the German company).
- Developed and managed a comprehensive IP portfolio for an international coffee and tea company.
Rate : $$$