Scott Andrew Sher leads the antitrust department at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati and is a partner in the firm’s Washington, D.C., office, where his practice focuses on antitrust counseling and litigation. He represents clients in connection with antitrust issues that arise throughout the merger and acquisition process, from pre-merger counseling through investigations conducted by the Department of Justice, the Federal Trade Commission, the European Commission, State Administration for Market Regulation (SAMR), and other foreign regulatory agencies.
In addition, Scott has significant experience providing both day-to-day counseling and litigation representation to clients on issues pertaining to intellectual property, joint ventures, pricing and distribution, trade association, and patent pooling matters.
Scott’s representations have included a number of cutting-edge cases involving the intersection of antitrust and intellectual property law. He specializes in working with companies in the software, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, telecommunications, computer hardware, Internet infrastructure, and e-commerce industries.
Global Competition Review, in its review of antitrust lawyers in the United States, called Scott “a true star of the antitrust bar.” Prior to joining Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, Scott clerked for both the Honorable Joseph T. Sneed III of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in San Francisco and the Honorable Charles A. Legge of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1997
- B.S., Economics, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, 1994
- B.A., Urban History, University of Pennsylvania, 1994
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Co-Chair, Unilateral Conduct Committee, Section of Antitrust Law, American Bar Association
- Former Vice Chair, Intellectual Property Committee, Section of Antitrust Law, American Bar Association
- Former Vice Chair, Mergers and Acquisitions Committee, Section of Antitrust Law, American Bar Association
- Former editor of the Antitrust Law Journal
- Bar of the District of Columbia
- State Bar of California
Rate : $$$