Scott A. Anthony is a partner in the firm’s Palo Alto office. He advises public and private companies, investment funds and entrepreneurs on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments, strategic investments, joint ventures and other transactional matters.
His clients include internet, social networking, online gaming, clean technology, software, networking and communications, semiconductor, energy storage and life sciences companies.
Mr. Anthony’s practice focuses on companies with connections between China and the U.S. It includes inbound and outbound cross-border acquisitions and strategic investments between U.S. and China based companies, financing of venture backed companies based in China and the U.S. and joint ventures with China based partners.
Mr. Anthony regularly advises private companies in connection with financing and general corporate activities including Centrillion Technologies, LanzaTech New Zealand, ASSIA, Inc. and A Medium Corporation.
Mr. Anthony’s cross border expertise includes significant acquisitions and investments by China based companies of U.S. companies as well as of China based target companies, including acquisitions and investments by Tencent, Focus Media, Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation (SMIC), JD.com and Spreadtrum Communications.
Mr. Anthony also advises U.S. listed public companies and foreign private issuers on corporate governance and securities compliance issues.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1996
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 1990
Bar Admissions : California
Representative Matters :
- Represented Tencent Holdings in its acquisition of a majority stake SuperCell Oy for $8.6 billion.
- Represented Origin Technologies Corporation, LLC in connection with its $1.8 billion bid for Affymetrix, Inc.
- Represented Tencent Holdings Limited in connection with its acquisition of Riot Games and its investment in Epic Games as well as in multiple minority strategic investments.
- Represented Oplink Communications in its $445 million sale to Koch Industries.
- Represented LanzaTech New Zealand Limited in its joint venture with Baosteel Co., Ltd.
- Represented China Mobile affiliate in connection with the sale of assets of Joint Innovation Labs to Wholesale Applications Community (WAC) Limited.
- Represented UTStarcom in its $36 million PIPE investment from Beijing E-Town International Investment & Development Co., Ltd.
- Represented Oplink Communications, Inc. in its $180 million acquisition of Optical Communications Products, Inc.
Memberships and Affiliations :
- Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals, Member
- American Bar Association, Mergers & Acquisitions Committee and the Private Equity and Venture Capital Committee, Member
Rate : $$$