Scott T. Buser is a partner in Mayer Brown’s California Real Estate practice. He has substantial experience in counseling clients on the acquisition, financing and development of property for office, retail and industrial purposes, in representing equity investors in joint venture arrangements and in assisting foreign investors with in-bound US real estate investments.
Scott’s experience also includes counseling clients on the acquisition of distressed debt, including portfolio recapitalization and the navigation of CMBS loan consent processes with special servicers and rating agencies.
He represents portfolio, conduit and construction lenders in the making of loans for the development and redevelopment of retail, residential and office properties. Scott also negotiates office, retail and industrial leases for property managers, landlords and tenants.
Scott was named a Rising Star 2010 by Super Lawyers Magazine (Illinois Real Estate). Scott joined Mayer Brown’s Chicago office in 2007 and relocated in 2009 to the San Francisco Bay Area, where he practices out of its Palo Alto office and San Francisco satellite.
- Emory University School of Law, JD
- University of Michigan, BBA
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Activities : Bay Area Mortgage Association
- Acquisition of Seattle, Washington warehouse, formation of joint venture with Panattoni Development Company and borrower representation in construction/redevelopment loan for affiliate of Prudential Real Estate Investors.
- Land acquisition, formation of joint ventures and construction financing of several ground-up multi-family rental assets in the Pacific Northwest for affiliates of The Carlyle Group.
- Acquisition of $400 million, four-asset office portfolio in Pasadena, California and San Diego, California for affiliate of Prudential Real Estate Investors.
- Acquisition of $545 million, 25 property, West Coast industrial and warehouse portfolio (approximately 7 million square feet) for affiliate of Heitman, LLC and related $220 million acquisition financing.
- U.S. real estate counsel to Charter Hall Office REIT, an Australian listed property trust, in the $1.71 billion sale of its fourteen property (8.2 million square feet) office portfolio to an affiliate of Beacon Capital Partners.
- Formation of joint venture for Real Estate Capital Partners USA Property Trust with Saban Capital Group and acquisition of a 21-property GSA portfolio (2.1 million square feet), with concurrent acquisition of a distressed mezzanine loan.
Rate : $$$