Scott D. Carey concentrates his practice in complex business and tort litigation, with a special emphasis on transportation-related litigation. He is the former managing partner of Baker Donelson’s Nashville office and the former leader of the Transportation Group.
In addition, Mr. Carey’s experience includes professional negligence and malpractice, insurance coverage and title insurance cases. He is a member of the Firm’s 24 Hour Motor Carrier Emergency Response Team, a group of attorneys dedicated to providing rapid post-accident intervention and investigation throughout the Firm’s footprint and beyond, whenever and wherever you need us.
Mr. Carey also has experience handling land title disputes involving insurers, owners and lenders, insurance coverage disputes, curative actions to eliminate or cure title defects, and post-closing, foreclosure and REO corrective title work.
Mr. Carey is active in Republican politics and serves as general counsel to The Tennessee Republican Party. He has represented parties in election law matters, including election law contests and campaign finance issues. Mr. Carey also chairs the Firm’s Solar Initiative and serves as general counsel for the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce.
- University of Tennessee School of Law, J.D., 1992
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1989
- Tennessee, 1992
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1995
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, 1997
Representative Matters : Successfully defended KLLM Transport Services, Inc. in a jury trial in state court, DRI™ The Voice.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Disciplinary Hearing Committee, Tennessee Supreme Court, District V
- Member – Tennessee Business Court Rules Advisory Committee
- Member – American Bar Association (House of Delegates, 2001 – 2004)
- Fellow – The Nashville Bar Foundation
- Member – Tennessee Economic Development Council
Rate : $$$