Scott Cunningham is a member of the firm’s Food and Drug practice group. He represents pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies as well as trade associations in matters before the FDA, Congress, state and federal courts, and other regulatory and enforcement agencies.
Mr. Cunningham has significant experience in areas including new product development and clinical trials; IRBs; new product approvals; Hatch-Waxman exclusivities and product life-cycle management; advertising and promotion; False Claims Act and Anti-Kickback compliance issues and pharmaceutical investigations; Orphan Drug; pediatric exclusivity; manufacturing and cGMPs; import/export; controlled substances; SEC disclosure; and other aspects of federal and state regulation of pharmaceuticals, biologics, and medical devices.
Mr. Cunningham also has an active pro bono practice where he regularly serves as a Guardian ad Litem representing children in neglect & abuse and child custody cases.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2000
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1994
Judicial Clerkship : Hon. R. Barclay Surrick, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2000 – 2001
Bar Admissions :
- New York
- District of Columbia
Representative Matters :
- Represented major pharmaceutical company working with the FDA to avoid market entry of unsafe or ineffective generic products. This representation included developing and filing petitions with the agency and developing a potential litigation strategy.
- Assisted early-stage medical device company in developing compliance policies for marketing and promotion, interactions with health care professionals, conflicts of interest, and providing scientific research and educational grants.
- Represented manufacturer of a biological product in an effort to reverse a negative coverage decision by a major health insurance organization.
Pro Bono :
- Represented boys aged nine and fourteen as Guardian ad Litem in child custody dispute between biological parents in Washington, D.C. Superior Court.
- Defended Maryland citizen in criminal drug possession charges in Maryland criminal court.
- Represented five year old girl as Guardian ad Litem in neglect and abuse proceedings in Washington, D.C. Superior Court.
Rate : $$$$