Scott Kravetz, focuses his practice in the area of civil litigation, with particular emphasis on real estate and construction litigation, including cost overrun, delay, design-defect and surety/bond litigation. Mr. Kravetz has represented numerous owners and developers in projects at all levels of complexity, from simple contract disputes to construction disputes with claims in excess of $50 million.
- Represented developer of LaTour Condominium, a high rise condominium complex located in Miami Beach, in resolving matters related to construction defects, delays and cost overruns.
- Represented Lennar Homes, one of the largest home builders across the country, in multiple representations, including single family homes and community wide litigation, over a 20 year period throughout the State of Florida.
- Represented Arvida/JMB, formerly one of the leading homebuilders in the State of Florida, against construction defect claims in multiple communities post Hurricane Andrew.
- Represented the developer of Skyline Brickell, a luxury high-rise apartment in Miami’s Brickell Financial District, against contractor concerning defects, delays and cost overruns in an $80 million high rise apartment building project.
- Represented the developer of Shore Club Hotel, a high end hotel located in South Beach, Miami, against the contractor concerning defects, delays and cost overruns.
- Represented the developer of a Holiday Inn located in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, in matters related to construction defects, delays and cost overruns.
- Represented the developer of The Allen Morris Companies, in connection with the development and construction of a luxury mid-rise apartment complex. Claims involved included project delays and construction defects.
- Represented the developer of Constructa in the Jefferson Steps multi-use project with a luxury high-rise condominium in the heart of South Beach. Claims involved included construction defects, delays and cost overruns.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 1989
- University of Florida, B.A., 1986
Admissions : Florida
Rate : $$$