Scott P. Downing focuses his time on developing the right business and legal structures for healthcare companies, particularly joint ventures among various providers and non-provider third parties. Over the past two decades, he has participated in numerous transactions involving the purchase or sale of healthcare facilities representing both buyers and sellers of such companies.
Scott has extensive experience assisting ancillary service providers with all of their healthcare regulatory and corporate needs, with an emphasis on dialysis facilities, ambulatory surgery centers and specialty hospitals, as well as counseling large physician practices on the appropriate structure for their practice and the integration of their ancillary services. This experience translates to practical and effective advice.
Scott routinely speaks to industry and trade groups concerning legal and business issues in healthcare. He has authored or co-authored a variety of articles on business and legal topics affecting the firm’s healthcare clients.
- Assistance to numerous parties (physicians, entrepreneurs and for profit and nonprofit institutional participants) concerning a variety of healthcare joint ventures, including dialysis facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, hospitals (including single specialty and physician-owned hospitals), physician practices and accountable care organizations.
- Representation in numerous transactions concerning the sale and acquisition of healthcare entities including, dialysis facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, specialty hospitals, imaging facilities, hospital divisions and physician practices.
- Representation concerning single specialty and multispecialty physician practices including formation and organization, operational issues, mergers and combinations and exit strategies for owners of such practices.
- Representation related to formation and participation issues for accountable care organizations under the healthcare reform law and clinical integration programs.
- The University of Chicago Law School, JD, 1991
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BA, 1988
Admissions : Illinois
Affiliations : Member, American Health Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$$