Scott D. Ellis is an experienced and recognized litigation attorney and advisor, handling high-stakes litigation throughout Texas and the United States, most often for domestic and international clients in the construction, industrial gas, banking, financial, oilfield services, and energy sectors.
Clients hire Scott for his significant experience in litigating and resolving disputes arising from breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, theft, and trademark infringement.
Complementing his commercial litigation practice, Scott is a member of Foley’s Government Enforcement Defense & Investigations Practice and vice-chair of the firm’s Energy Litigation Practice.
He advises corporations and executives on government and regulatory actions, internal investigations, and corporate compliance matters.
Scott represents individuals and corporations in white collar matters and investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice, United States Attorney’s Offices, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and other domestic and foreign law enforcement and regulatory authorities.
Scott is well-versed in, and routinely lectures about, advanced collection techniques, including mineral liens, materialman’s liens, sequestrations, and garnishments. These techniques are used to efficiently and cost-effectively collect funds rightfully owed to his clients.
Domestic and international clients hire Scott to serve as lead collection counsel for debts and judgments that others have deemed uncollectible.
Scott also serves as a securities lawyer in FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) arbitration matters, successfully representing both claimants and respondents in investor/security products arbitration proceedings throughout the United States.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center (2006)
- Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief, Environmental and Energy Law and Policy Journal
- Recipient, Scholarship and Leadership Award, American Law Institute/American Bar Association
- Mediator, A.A. White Dispute Resolution Center Certificate
- Amicus Attorney/Guardian ad Litem, Children’s Friend in Court Certificate
- Member, Admissions Committee
- B.A., American University (2003), magna cum laude
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa Society
- Recognized, Henry David Thoreau Scholar
- Texas State Courts (2006)
- Texas (2006)
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, Texas Young Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$$