Scott Gleason is an accomplished lawyer specializing in real estate, project and infrastructure finance, and development transactions. Scott has extensive experience in all aspects of real estate, including representing developers, tenants and lenders in the acquisition, financing, sale, development, and leasing of energy projects, casino properties, movie theaters, office buildings, apartment complexes, mixed use developments and public-private development projects. He places a special focus on project finance, including projects involving wind, solar, geothermal and other alternative energy sources. Scott also represents clients in connection with real estate development and leasing, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, restructurings, and bankruptcies.
- Selected Renewable Energy Transactions:
- Representing Citicorp North America and Berkshire Hathaway Energy in connection with the US$218 million Shannon wind power project being developed by Alterra Power Corp. and Starwood Energy Group in Clay and Jack Counties, Texas
- The acquisition by Goldman Sachs and one of its wholly-owned subsidiaries from BayWa r.e. Wind, LLC of the Anderson Wind Project consisting of two wind projects located in Chaves County, New Mexico
- The approximately US$287 million Osage wind power project being developed by Enel Green Power North America Inc.
- The approximately US$580 million Origin and Goodwell wind power projects being developed by Enel Green Power North America Inc.
- The first-ever wind power generation investment by Macquarie Infrastructure Company through its acquisition of the Brahms wind power project in New Mexico from BayWa r.e. Wind, LLC
- The approximately US$180 million Route 66 wind power project being developed by First Wind Energy
- The approximately US$314 million Panhandle II wind power project being developed by Pattern Energy Group
- The financing of a portfolio of baseload fuel cell electricity generators to be located in California, Connecticut, New Jersey, and New York by Bloom Energy Corporation, including a long-term strategic partnership with Exelon Generation Company to install Bloom Energy Servers
- Selected Corporate Acquisitions and Restructuring Transactions:
- Apollo Management LP in its acquisition of Harrah’s Entertainment Inc. and US$11 billion senior secured financing of over 30 casino and mixed-use properties, as well as several follow-up multi-billion dollar financings and refinancings, and the ongoing acquisition and divestiture work for the portfolio company
- Apollo Management LP in the management of real estate activities of various portfolio companies including American Multi-Cinema, Inc. and Hexion Specialty Chemicals
- New York
- Fordham University, J.D.: cum laude; Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award; Best Brief Award, Maurice Wormser Corporate Law Moot Court Competition; Second Place, ABA Negotiation Competition; Competition Editor, Dispute Resolution Society
- University of Massachusetts, M.B.A.
- Bentley College, B.A., Accounting: Beta Alpha Psi National Accounting Honor Society
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$