Scott L. Glickson is a former co-chair of the corporate department and the technology and business department. He advises software, technology consulting, telecommunications, life sciences and other emerging and established technology companies in business organization, corporate finance, and commercial matters, including capital raising, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
He is experienced in a wide range of debt and equity financings, including venture capital and other private placements, public offerings, and commercial lending. Scott has been recognized by Chambers as an Illinois “Leading Lawyer” in corporate/M&A and private equity, with a special note concerning his representation of technology companies.
He was named an Illinois “Super Lawyer” in 2011 and 2012 and was highlighted in the 2010 edition of the Legal 500 directory for media, technology and telecom. He has been named by Crain’s Chicago Business to its Technology 100 list, as one of the 100 most influential technology players in Chicago.
In 2002, he was presented with the CityLights Award by the Chicago Software Association (now the Illinois Technology Association), as the business, education, media or government leader, whose efforts on behalf of the information technology industry, best promoted its growth and/or awareness.
- Representation of Acquity Group LLC in its sale of 70% interest to a private equity fund and later initial public offering of Acquity Holdings in China.
- Representation of Illinois Ventures, a subsidiary of the University of Illinois, in a multitude of investments in early state technology companies.
- Representation of Akoo International, Inc. in several rounds of financing, a multitude of content license agreements and general corporate matters.
- Representation of Amb Tran Group, Ltd in its $30 million dividend recapitalization and commercial bank financing.
- Representation of the Illinois Finance Authority in its investments in more than 30 early stage technology companies.
- Representation of the secured lenders of UBid, Inc. in their acquisition of the assets of UBid and the subsequent reorganization of the company.
- Northwestern University School of Law, JD, 1975
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BA, with High Honors, 1972
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Member; Computer Industry Committee, Section on Antitrust Law; Private Equity and Venture Capital Committee, Section on Business Law, American Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Illinois Technology Association (Formerly Chicago Software Association), 1989-present
- Charter Member, TiE Midwest, 2006-present
- Board of Directors, The Illinois Technology Development Alliance (Formerly The Illinois Coalition), 1997-2009
- Board of Directors, Northwestern University, Illinois Technology Enterprise Corporation (ITEC), 2002-2007
- Member and Chair, Executive Committee, American Electronics Association – Midwest Region, Information Technology Committee, 1995-1997
- Board of Directors and Chair, American-Israel Chamber of Commerce of Chicago, Information Technology Industry Committee, 1995-2002
Rate : $$$$