Scott Hogan work at Foster Swift Collins & Smith PC. practices in the areas of real estate, business law, receiverships, and bankruptcy. Specifically, this includes:
- Real Estate:Handles sales, purchases, leases, condominiums, evictions, easements and all related real estate litigation.
- Business Law: Establishes new entities, assists with sales and purchases of companies, contracts, collections and litigation.
- Receivership: Represents receivers in state and federal courts, assists with asset sales, fraud investigations, asset recovery and all other aspects of receiverships.
- Bankruptcy: Represents trustees, creditors, and debtors in all aspects of bankruptcy.
Prior to joining Foster Swift, Scott was a shareholder with Tolley VandenBosch Korolewicz & Brengle, P.C., when it joined with Foster Swift.
Through the years, Scott’s expertise in the bankruptcy and creditor rights area has been recognized by legal leaders and peers. He is listed in Best Lawyer in America as well as Michigan Super Lawyers in the areas of Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtors rights.
Also, he was selected to author the Bankruptcy Chapter in Michigan Basic Practice Handbook published by the Institute for Continuing Legal Education. Additionally, he is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute.
Scott is also very involved in the community as a member of the Grand Rapids Bar Association, where he currently serves on the Pro Bono Committee and the Federal Bar Association for the Western District of Michigan. He previously served as the president of the Forest Hills Park Association and a member of the Board of Managers for the Southeast YMCA.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1988, Order of the Coif
- Michigan State University, B.A., 1983, with Honors
Bar and Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
Rate : $$$$