Scott Hunsaker practices primarily in the area of commercial real estate law. Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, he represents landlords, tenants, users, investors, developers, and borrowers in the leasing, operation, acquisition, disposition, development, and financing of office, retail, industrial, multi-family, and single-family properties, as well as raw land.
In addition to being Board Certified, Scott has received LEED Green Associate accreditation from the Green Building Certification Institute. Scott also represents trademark owner and users in selecting, clearing, registering, licensing and enforcing trademark rights.
Representative Experience :
- Represented institutional investment partnership in acquiring a portfolio of Class “A” office buildings in Houston, Texas, aggregating 1,000,000 square feet.
- Represented institutional investment partnership in acquiring 90 acre site in Houston, Texas for retail center development, and related financings and entity organization.
- Represented a major foreign bank in a leveraged lease transaction involving corporate facilities in Irving, Texas.
- Represented Fortune 500 company in disposing of over 50 landfills, transfer stations and hauling facilities in several states.
- Represented retailer in leasing and opening approximately 25 locations in retail centers in Texas, Illinois and California.
- Represented landlord in leasing 200,000 square feet of Class “A” office space in Houston, Texas to a financial services tenant.
- Represented a data storage company in leasing several data center sites in Houston, Texas, and in purchasing a data storage building in Austin, Texas.
- Represented a publicly traded company in acquiring a corporate headquarters site in Houston, Texas.
- Represented a publicly traded company in leasing approximately 200,000 square feet of office space in Class “A” buildings in Houston, Texas.
- Represented a CHDO affiliate in developing a HUD 205 affordable multi-family housing project for seniors in Houston, Texas.
- Represented nationwide homebuilder in clearing and registering federal and state registration of its principal marks.
- Represented Houston-based mineral company in settling trademark infringement claims asserted by a major financial services firm.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Houston Real Estate Lawyers Council
- Member, Planning Committee, 26th and 27th Annual Real Estate Law Conferences, South Texas College of Law
- Former Member, Council of Real Estate Section of Houston Bar Association
- J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 1977
- B.A., with high honors, Texas Tech University, 1974
Admissions : Texas, 1977
Rate : $$$