Scott Idiart joined Fragomen as an Associate in our San Francisco office in 2015. Scott advises a range of international corporations on all aspects of temporary visa petitions and permanent residency applications.
His practice includes counseling Fortune 500 companies on the PERM labor certification process.
Prior to joining the firm, Scott worked with a San Francisco-based law firm where he managed a diverse immigration caseload. He provided guidance to individuals, start-ups, and mid-size companies in the software industry, including immigration support for J, TN, H-1B and L visas.
In addition, he oversaw the PERM labor certification process for corporate clients. During law school, Scott was a Law Fellow at Accountability Counsel, worked as a Law Clerk with the immigration division of a law firm, and completed an internship with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in San Jose, Costa Rica.
During law school, Scott worked with Santa Clara University School of Law’s International Human Rights Clinic, where he collaborated on an amicus brief and traveled to a hearing in Colombia for an Inter-American Court of Human Rights case concerning asylum-seeker rights and the principle of non-refoulement.
In addition, he researched and wrote sections of human rights reports on mining in Peru and human trafficking in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Scott speaks English and Spanish.
- Interviewed prospective clients from Latin America, Africa, and Asia, and identified available legal remedies to fit their unique needs and backgrounds
- Developed strategies for comprehensively and efficiently analyzing the legal options for pro bono clients and men and women awaiting hearings at the San Francisco Immigration Court
- Created legislative strategies to address contemporary issues facing refugees and asylum seekers, including the racism, discrimination, and xenophobia confronting indigenous groups and afro-descendants throughout Latin America
- Santa Clara University School of Law | J.D., 2013
- University of California, Davis | B.A., 2009, honors
Bar Admissions: California
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
Rate : $$$