Scott D. Lawrence represents clients at every stage of commercial restructuring and reorganization. With experience in out-of-court workouts, court-approved asset sales, and traditional chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization.
Scott has represented clients that are in financially difficult circumstances as well as creditors, contract counterparties, lessors, lenders, and equity holders of financially distressed companies.
Scott also has experience representing restaurant and retail businesses, oil and gas production and midstream companies, manufacturing and technology development companies, bankruptcy trustees, landlords, financial services institutions, and real estate developers, among many others.
Scott is comfortable in the courtroom, having served as a law clerk to two United States Bankruptcy Court judges, but he understands the value of resolving disputes efficiently, often before they ever reach a judge.
Having worked as an investment banking analyst, Scott is also experienced in handling complex financial transactions, with a particular focus in commercial lending and mergers and acquisitions of mid-market healthcare services companies.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2013, SMU Science & Technology Law Review; Executive Editor
- B.A., University of Oklahoma, 2008
Bar Admissions : Texas
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
Professional Experience :
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Mark X. Mullin and the Honorable D. Michael Lynn, United States Bankruptcy Court, Fort Worth, 2014-2016
- Nexus Health Capital, Investment Banking Analyst, 2013-2014
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- John C. Ford American Inn of Court, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Bankruptcy Section, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section, Member
Rate : $$$$