Scott Gerard practices in the areas of commercial finance, corporate law and real estate. He has more than 30 years of experience representing commercial financial institutions in structuring and closing a wide range of sophisticated loans, including permanent and construction loans; tax credit financings; and asset-based and commercial real estate mortgages for hotels, multi-family residential projects, health care/senior care facilities, manufacturing facilities, public/private partnerships and retail properties. In addition, he has extensive experience advising clients on loan restructures and workouts.
Scott also serves in the capacity of outside general counsel to a variety of businesses, where he advises clients on matters such as business formation, structuring new business entities and forming joint ventures. In this role, he also provides guidance on mergers, acquisitions and the disposition of businesses.
In the area of real estate, Scott has represented major developers in all phases of real estate development.
- New York Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association: Real Estate, Tax and Business Law Sections
- Connecticut Community Bankers Association
- Real Estate Finance Association
- Real Estate Lenders Association
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D., 1980
- Boston University, B.S., Accounting, 1976, summa cum laude
Rate : $$$