Scott Sherman practices in complex business and securities litigation. He represents public companies, directors, and officers in securities class actions and derivative lawsuits and represents special litigation committees as well as companies and individuals involved in U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) informal and formal enforcement proceedings.
He also represents companies and individuals in complex commercial and general business litigation matters including professional negligence matters related to the accounting industry, contract disputes, business divorces, and internal disputes among members and partners related to claims of fraud and misrepresentation.
Additionally, Mr. Sherman handles financial services litigation and arbitrations, such as representing banks involved in litigation, representing accounting firms in litigation, representing broker-dealers and registered representatives in FINRA arbitrations and investment advisers in court proceedings, and representing residential mortgage servicers in litigation.
Mr. Sherman handles complex commercial matters as well, including representation of private companies, their partners or members in business disputes.
- Emory University School of Law, JD, with honors (2001)
- Indiana University, BA (1998)
- District of Columbia
- Financial Services/Investment Management/Securities Litigation and Counseling
- Represents corporations and individual officers and directors in securities class actions and derivative litigation, as well as advises special litigation committees in derivative matters
- Assists clients with internal investigations related to financial disclosure matters
- Represents officers and directors of banks, including community banks, related to fiduciary liability matters
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Represents companies and individuals in complex commercial and business litigation, including professional negligence matters related to the accounting industry, contract disputes, business divorces, and internal disputes among members and partners related to claims of fraud and misrepresentation
- Has assisted low-income individuals in general contract disputes and landlord-tenant matters through the Legal Aid Society and the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
Rate : $$$$