Scott David Parven is a strategist and communicator operating at the intersection of politics, policy and global issues with a special focus on clients from Asia and Latin America. He works closely with high-ranking officials of sovereign governments and C-level executives at Fortune 500 companies to craft solid messaging; build brand awareness; and develop targeted, effective networks to advance and protect his clients’ interests.
For his entire career, Scott has been affiliated with centrist Democrats and has developed close associations with members of Congress and staff, driving market-based solutions to challenges in global economics and trade.
Scott handles bet-the-company and bet-the-country matters involving:
- International trade agreements
- Legislative activity in the U.S. Congress
- Licensing for commercial activity in key markets
- Connecting with influential Washington players who impact how and where business gets done.
Prior to joining the firm, Scott held numerous senior positions in the corporate sector. His roles included serving as chief of staff for the chairman of Aetna International, chair of global public policy at global 100 law firm and responsibilities for global public affairs and public policy initiatives at AOL Time Warner and Aetna. He also was president of an award-winning boutique law firm.
- Experience in high-level matters in Asia and Latin America.
- Seasoned, highly respected lobbyist working with moderate Democrats.
- Represents sovereign governments and embassies, Fortune 500 companies and major trade associations.
- Corporate executive with a strong record of business, policy and political success for clients.
- Counseling leadership of trade and business associations and executive coalitions on achieving benefits in the context of international trade agreements and other relevant aspects of the global economy.
- Representing and advancing the interests of clients around the world, including those from Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Panama, Peru, and Mexico.
- Advising high-ranking officials in sovereign governments and embassies of key U.S. allies in finding common ground with American policy- and decision-makers, developing high-impact messaging and generating tangible results.
- Helping some of America’s best-known companies develop government relations programs to remain competitive, enter new markets, and understand the intricate dynamics of governing and regulatory bodies.
- Advisory board member, Washington National Dream Foundation.
- Member, board of trustees, Rett Syndrome Foundation.
- Member, board of directors, U.S.-Cuba Business Council, U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- Advisory board member, Caribbean Educational & Baseball Foundation.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1991
- B.A., Vassar College, 1986
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$