Scott P. Perlman concentrates on mergers and acquisitions and other transactional work, as well as on antitrust litigation and counseling. He has worked on a variety of mergers involving the healthcare, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, insurance, telecommunications, electronic components, agriculture, food ingredient, and securities broker-dealer industries.
He advises on joint ventures in agriculture, transportation, and entertainment and has counseled business-to-business exchanges in the chemicals, metals, retail, and health care industries.
He also has extensive experience in antitrust litigation, including class actions, involving alleged price fixing, exclusive dealing and bundling claims, predatory pricing, and government investigations of pricing and marketing policies.
Scott frequently counsels clients on antitrust compliance issues, and he has assisted numerous clients with preparation of compliance materials as well as organizing compliance programs for their employees. He also has primary responsibility for the entire firm for counseling clients on Hart-Scott-Rodino compliance.
- University of Pennsylvania, BA, summa cum laude
- Harvard Law School, JD, magna cum laude
- New York
- District of Columbia
- Board Member, Jobs for Homeless People
- American Bar Association Antitrust Section, Vice Chair, Membership and Equal Opportunity Committee
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Dow Chemical’s sales of Marion Merrell Dow to Hoescht and DowBrands to S.C. Johnson.
- The formation of a joint venture between Cargill and Monsanto for the development of transgenic seed.
- The formation of a joint venture between Bertelsmann’s Doubleday Direct Book Club and Time Warner’s Book of the Month Club.
- UnitedHealth Group Incorporation’s proposed acquisition of Sierra Health Services, Inc.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock’s affiliation with New London Hospital.
Rate : $$$$