A former general counsel for a major media company, Scott W. Pink brings an insider’s perspective to his broad-based practice. It’s what’s made him the lead outside advertising and marketing counsel to several well-known brands, and a sought-after resource on intellectual property, privacy and cybersecurity issues.
He advises technology, media, entertainment and a variety of consumer product and franchise companies on issues of intellectual property counseling; social media law; cybersecurity and privacy; and advertising, marketing, and promotions law.
Scott had led many privacy and security compliance initiatives worldwide for clients, including GDPR compliance, HIPAA compliance audits, compliance with financial security regulations (NYDFS) and security audits for cryptocurrency and blockchain companies.
He is a thought leader on GDPR issues, having published articles in Cybersecurity Law Reportand speaking at conferences hosted by the International Association of Privacy Professional.
Scott also has extensive experience in technology related transactions and other legal issues in the life science field. He has represented cutting edge life science, biotech and nutritional supplement companies on privacy and security policies and issues, product development agreements, tech transfer agreements with Universities, agreements with health care providers, collaboration agreements, patent licenses, marketing agreements, materials transfer agreements, manufacturing agreements, marketing agreements and marketing compliance.
Previously, Pink led the advertising and marketing group at another AmLaw 100 law firm. He also served as vice president, general counsel and secretary for Prima Communications, an international media and publishing company.
He speaks frequently on the subjects of marketing and promotions, intellectual property law, privacy and security, Internet law, and strategic alliances.
- Chip Connect v. Calibur 11, et al. (E.D.Cal.). Lead attorney for plaintiff in copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation and trademark infringement case which resulted in a preliminary injunction enjoining sale of defendants’ entire product line
- Winstream v. C-Media (AAA arbitration). Successful defense of Taiwanese-based hardware manufacturer in claim for breach of intellectual property evaluation agreement
- The Evercare Company, Lint Rollers, NAD Case #5139 (January 27, 2010). Lead attorney in successfully defeating challenge to #1 selling product claims
- In the matter of Moran Foods Inc. dba Save-A-Lot (California Office of Administrative Hearings). Lead attorney in an administrative proceeding which overturned cease and desist order that client operated a franchise system under California law
- Meridian Project Systems, Inc. v. Hardin Construction Company, LLC, et al. Lead attorney on software case involving claims of reverse engineering, copyright infringement, and unfair competition. Resulted in several published opinions on issues of first impression – 426 F. Supp. 2d 1101 (E.D.Cal. 2006) and 404 F.Supp.2d 1214 (E.D. Cal. 2005)
- Omega Diamond, Inc. v. Granite City Tool. Lead attorney in trademark and false designation of origin case relating to use of plaintiff’s products and trademarks in advertising
Corporate & Government Experience:
- Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Prima Communications
- General Counsel and Ex-Officio Board Member, Linking Education and Economic Development (LEED)
- Harvard University, J.D., cum laude
- Harvard University, B.A., magna cum laude
Rate : $$$