Scott Palmer is managing partner and co-founder of EducationCounsel LLC. He provides legal, policy, strategic planning, and advocacy services to education leaders across the nation.
Mr. Palmer’s focus is on education policy change and preventive law — helping states, school districts, higher education institutions, foundations, associations, and corporations advance fundamental change in education systems, policies, and practices that can dramatically improve student achievement and close achievement gaps.
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, JD
- Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, MA, Public Policy
- University of Maryland, BA, Government and Politics
- District of Columbia
- Focus on nationwide policy change through work with leading states and districts on issues such as standards, assessment, accountability, supports and interventions, educator effectiveness, personalized learning, etc.
- Focus on federal advocacy to the Administration and Congress on issues such as ESEA reauthorization, NCLB waivers, Race to the Top, etc.
- Speaks on education legal and policy matters and has published articles on issues such as the proper use of tests and the value of diversity in education
Previous Professional Experience:
- Served in the Clinton Administration as Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy at the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
- Served as legal and policy advisor with the President’s Initiative on Race in the White House, where he was responsible for education and civil rights issues
Rate : $$$