Scott F. Roybal is the Practice Group Leader of the Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Practice Group. Mr. Roybal is based in the firm’s Los Angeles office. Mr. Roybal practices business litigation in federal and state courts and before arbitration and administrative tribunals.
He has extensive experience handling government contract disputes and defending individuals and corporations in a wide range of civil and criminal fraud investigations. He has more than 30 years of experience litigating qui tam False Claims Act cases and related whistleblower actions.
Mr. Roybal has handled dozens of corporate internal investigations involving diverse industries such as aerospace and defense, healthcare, financial institutions, electronics, high technologies, transportation, and telecommunications, among others that conduct business with the government. He provides compliance program advice and counsel and conducts investigations concerning the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
- J.D., Columbia University, 1986
- B.A., University of Utah, 1983, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Federal District Courts for the Central, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims in Washington, D.C.
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, California Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, National Defense Industrial Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$$