Scott Frederick is a real estate and finance lawyer in Baker Donelson’s Birmingham office. Scott represents developers, buyers, sellers, landlords, and tenants in acquiring, developing, leasing, financing and selling real estate across the United States, including retail properties, shopping centers, office buildings, multifamily and multiuse projects, condominiums, undeveloped land, health care properties and other commercial properties. Scott also represents special servicers in the leasing and sale of REO properties.
Scott has extensive experience in government contracts, having previously worked in Washington, D.C. for a USAID contractor. He uses that practical experience now to counsel government contractors on bidding issues and contract compliance.
Scott graduated summa cum laude from the University of Alabama School of Law where he was the editor in chief of the Alabama Law Review and a member of the John A. Campbell Moot Court Board. Prior to law school, he served as a Peace Corps volunteer in Jalal-Abad, Kyrgyzstan, and later worked on USAID projects in Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan aimed at carrying out land reform and stimulating land market development in Central Asia.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2013, summa cum laude
- Middlebury College, M.A., Italian, 2002
- University of the South (Sewanee), B.A., History, 2001, cum laude
ADMISSIONS : Alabama, 2013
- Represented a real estate development company in the acquisition, development and leasing of real estate across the United States for a variety of commercial uses, including shopping centers, department stores, grocery stores and restaurants.
- Represented a developer in the development of multi-use student housing projects in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi and North Carolina.
- Represented a national health care developer in the development and leasing of medical office buildings and hospital facilities.
- Represented a regional developer in the acquisition and redevelopment of formerly distressed shopping centers and retail spaces.
- Represented a special servicer in the leasing and disposition of office park properties, medical office buildings, shopping malls and retail centers.
Rate : $$$