Scott Schaefer is an Associate at Fragomen’s Washington, DC office. He has experience handling various nonimmigrant visas, including H-1B, H-4, TN-1, TN-2, L-1A, L-1B and L-2 visas.
During law school, Scott interned at the Superior Court of the District of Columbia and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Office of Federal Operations. He also served as a student attorney in the university’s Civil Advocacy Clinic; worked as a Dean’s Fellow; and served as a member of the American University International Law Review.
Scott’s pro bono work has included working at a naturalization clinic and representing a client in an asylum case involving LGBTQ issues.
During law school, Scott completed American University’s Pro Bono Hours Pledge, earning the Exceptional Service Hours distinction for completing more than 175 hours of voluntary legal work.
- American University Washington College of Law | J.D., 2016, cum laude
- Georgia State University | B.A., 2009
Bar Admissions: Maryland
- Practice Limited to Federal Immigration & Nationality Law
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member, LGBT Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Member, National LGBT Bar Association
Rate : $$$