Scott Scherer’s practice focuses strongly around gaming law – including gaming-related business, technology, and regulatory issues. He helps gaming companies in Nevada and elsewhere grow their revenues – by taking projects from design to operation, while overcoming compliance issues.
As an expert in Nevada regulatory and governmental affairs, his practice includes lobbying the Nevada Legislature and Executive Branch, representing clients before the Nevada Transportation Authority, and matters involving state and local taxes including tax abatements.
30 Years in Gaming Law: Scott has seen the gaming industry from every angle– as a regulator and from the industry perspective. As outside counsel, he works with clients to craft common-sense solutions that meet business and regulatory objectives.
In addition to serving on the Nevada Gaming Control Board, where he had responsibility for the Investigations, Audit, and Technology Divisions, Scott has been Supervising Deputy in the Gaming Division of the Nevada Attorney General’s Office. He was a member of the Nevada Assembly and its Judiciary Committee, which has jurisdiction over most gaming bills in Nevada.
Scott assists clients with international compliance matters, including projects in Singapore and Macao. Additionally, he assists clients who are active in providing cutting-edge technologies to the gaming industry.
- Served as General Counsel and Chief of Staff for Gov. Kenny C. Guinn
- Currently serve as counsel to or as a member of various compliance committees for companies with international gaming operations
- Represented various clients with regard to potential disciplinary actions for alleged violations of gaming regulations
- Negotiated and documented numerous gaming transactions, including purchase agreements, leases, management agreements, licensing agreements, and financing transactions
- In-house counsel and Executive Director of Corporate Development for International Game Technology
- University of Washington, J.D., 1984
- The Johns Hopkins University, A.B., 1981
Bar Admissions : Nevada
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- State Bar of Nevada, Gaming Law Section, Executive Committee
- International Association of Gaming Advisors, Member
- Nevada Gaming Policy Committee, Public Member
- Nevada Gaming Control Board, Member
Rate : $$$