Scott Schneider assists education entities with complex legal issues, including particularly sensitive matters like institutional response to sexual assault. He is a prominent litigator, as well as a sought-after advisor on Title IX, training programs, faculty hiring, promotion and tenure, and risk management within student affairs.
Scott also provides expert witness testimony on matters dealing with institutional response to allegations of sexual misconduct. He is nationally recognized for his contributions to news media, including NPR, The Chronicle of Higher Education, Inside Higher Ed, CBS News and The Wall Street Journal.
Scott has provided training or delivered presentations for the National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA), the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), the Association for Student Conduct Administration’s Gehring Academy, the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators, EDUCAUSE and various associations of independent schools.
Additionally, Scott is an award-winning professor at Tulane University, where he teaches on higher education and labor and employment law. Scott has been retained by the National Center for Campus Public Safety to serve as a faculty member for its Trauma-Informed Sexual Assault Investigation and Adjudication training program for campus officials.
- J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law
- B.S., University of New Orleans
- Louisiana Courts of Appeal
- Louisiana Supreme Court
- Texas Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- Magna Publications Leadership in Higher Education Conference, Conference Advisory Board
- NACUA Journal of College & University Law, Editorial Board Member
- NACUA Committee on Continuing Education, Committee Member
- Louisiana Legislature Sex Assault Task Force Appointed by Governor Bobby Jindal to Represent First Congressional District on Louisiana Board of Ethics
Community Leadership :
- Lake Terrace Neighborhood Association, President
- Loyola University Institute of Politics, Fellow
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Team in Training Program, San Diego and San Francisco Marathons
- UNO Metropolitan College Stand-Up Comedy Seminar, Graduate
Rate : $$$$