Scott A. Specht has more than 38 years of experience assisting clients in achieving their goals in complex real property transactional matters. Scott’s practice emphasis includes real estate joint venture formation, real property development, acquisitions and dispositions, and real estate project finance and capitalization.
Scott represents national and local real estate developers and recently handled joint venture, financing, and general real property mixed-use projects aspects for Trammell Crow Residential, Greystar, and Terwilliger Pappas Multi-Family Partners.
He represented The Trillist Companies in connection with all aspects of the acquisition, capitalization, finance (both senior and mezzanine), bond issuance entitlement, and joint venture components for the development of a luxury high-rise apartment complex located in the Midtown area of Atlanta.
Scott also represents real estate investment funds in connection with their domestic acquisition and disposition work. Scott recently represented the U.S. arm of GLL Real Estate Partners, a German-based international asset manager, in connection with the acquisition of the Capital Ridge (Austin, Texas), Forum (Atlanta, Georgia), and 7550 Wisconsin (Bethesda, Maryland), Class A office projects, two of which were structured as part of reverse tax-free exchanges.
Scott serves on the board of directors and finance committee of the Midtown Alliance, a community organization formed in 1978 to help transform the once deteriorated, under-valued Midtown Atlanta community into a model of urban revitalization.
He also is a member of the board of directors of the Midtown Improvement District, a self-taxing public improvement district created to enhance safety, maintenance, and capital improvements in Midtown Atlanta.
- University of Florida (J.D. cum laude 1979; Editor-in-Chief, Law Review);
- Dartmouth College (A.B. cum laude 1976)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia and Florida
- Tanger Factory Outlet Centers negotiates joint venture to acquire, develop and finance construction of outlet shopping center near Savannah, Georgia
- Brookfield Asset Management acquires and leases back all real property assets of Ed Schmidt Auto dealership in Perrysburg, Ohio
- GLL Real Estate Partners sells Class A office building in Boston’s financial district
- GLL Real Estate Partners acquires big box retail center in Nashville, Tennessee
- KeyBank forecloses on mixed-use Perkins Rowe project in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- TorQuest Partners acquires wood and gum rosin and polyterpene resin specialty chemicals business of Hercules Incorporated
- GA-MET secures $112 million refinancing loan for Class A office building in downtown Atlanta
- PATRIZIA acquires 51% indirect ownership interest in Class A office and retail building in San Francisco
- Rose Hall Resort sells Ritz-Carlton Golf & Spa Resort, Rose Hall, Jamaica.
Rate : $$$$