Scott Voelz represents clients in a variety of areas, including class and mass actions involving consumer protection statutes, product liability and property damage claims, toxic torts, and employment issues, as well as contract, construction, and lease disputes. Scott also represents major entertainment studios in intellectual property matters. He has handled and tried matters in both federal and state courts, as well as a variety of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) settings.
For his client victories, Scott has been recognized as a Southern California “Rising Star” by Los Angeles Magazine and a “Life Sciences Star” by LMG Life Sciences.
- Representing a major package delivery company in more than 50 related class and individual actions in federal and state courts concerning disputes with pick-up and delivery contractors over employment classification
- Representing a specialty pharmacy provider in a putative nationwide class action over alleged violations of the “junk fax” provisions of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Representing national retailer over alleged violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Representing a beverage company in several purported consumer class actions pending in California state courts alleging violations of California’s Unfair Competition, False Advertising, and Consumer Legal Remedies statutes
- Represented a beverage company against several consumer fraud class actions concerning the company’s beverages
- Represented specialty pharmacy provider in putative nationwide class alleging violations of the TCPA
- Represented a debt collection company in a purported California class action related to alleged telephonic privacy violations of California Penal Code Section 630 et seq.
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company in product liability litigation involving a surgical mesh product
- Represented several current and former welding electrode manufacturers in mass and individual product liability actions in state and federal courts alleging neurological injury from manganese exposure
- Represented a healthcare company in product liability actions involving a prescription drug in numerous federal and state courts
- Represented a major pharmaceutical in product liability actions involving a prescription drug in several state and federal courts
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company in wrongful death suits involving a prescription drug in federal and state courts
- Represented a social media company in a wrongful death action allegedly caused by one of its online fitness application
- Represented a multinational corporation in personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from the use of fertilizer products
- Represented a global security and aerospace company in federal and state court against class and mass toxic tort actions involving air and groundwater contamination in Burbank, California
- Yale University, J.D., 1995
- Ohio University, B.A., 1992: Phi Beta Kappa
- Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Judicial Elections Evaluation Committee; California State Bar Litigation Section
Rate : $$$