Scott Pedigo, office managing shareholder of the Jackson office, represents manufacturing and commercial clients in employment, consumer products liability and commercial litigation matters.
In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. Pedigo regularly assists clients with appropriately addressing and limiting the risks associated with difficult employment issues and investigations, contract disputes, product safety concerns and recalls.
He has extensive experience in defending employment discrimination claims, wage and hour collective actions, and class consumer products actions involving significant electronic discovery issues and complex factual and legal issues.
He also has defended a wide variety of other litigation in the health care and tort settings in both state and federal courts through trial and on appeal.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 1997, summa cum laude
- University of Mississippi, B.B.A., 1994, summa cum laude
- Mississippi, 1997
- Fifth Circuit, 1997
- U. S. Supreme Court, 2005
- U. S. District Courts of Alabama, 2011
- Defended manufacturer in ADA and FMLA litigation brought by terminated employee. Successfully resolved through court mediated settlement.
- Defended poultry processor in race discrimination and disability discrimination litigation brought by terminated employee. Successfully resolved after discovery through court mediated settlement.
- Defended poultry processor in race discrimination and FMLA litigation brought by terminated employee. Successfully resolved after discovery through court mediated settlement.
- Defended poultry processor in wage and hour litigation brought on behalf of over 5,000 putative class members employed at four different processing plants in three cities in Alabama. Successfully resolved through court approved settlement.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of all claims brought in putative national class action lawsuit against manufacturing client for alleged fraud, breach of contract, and breach of warranty.
- Argued before federal circuit court of appeals on appeal addressing the propriety of discovery of U-visa information in suit alleging unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
Professional Honors & Activities :
- Member – Leadership Greater Jackson Class (2008 – 2009)
- Member – University of Mississippi Law Alumni Board of Directors (2014 – 2017); President-Elect (2017 – 2018)
- Member – Mississippi Health Care Association
- Member – Jackson Young Lawyers
- Member – Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$