Scott Weinstein was born, raised and educated in Florida. A second-generation trial lawyer, Mr. Weinstein is the founder of the firm’s Complex Litigation Group, handling mass tort litigation, consumer class action litigation, government actions litigation, and False Claims Act (Qui Tam) litigation. He serves as a Foreign Legal Consultant handling complex litigation in Canada and Europe.
He is well-known in the areas of consumer protection, pharmaceutical and medical device litigation, and cases involving food-borne illnesses. He has served in leadership positions in many consumer class actions in State and Federal Courts nationwide as well as in Multi-District Litigation.
Mr. Weinstein was appointed Co-Lead and Liaison Counsel In re: Denture Cream Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2051 (Southern District of Florida) and to Plaintiffs’ Steering Committees, i.e., In re: Heparin Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1953 (Northern District of Ohio); In re: Digitek Products Liability Litigation, MDL No 1968 (Southern District of West Virginia); In re: Total Body Formula Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1985 (Northern District of Alabama); In re: Bayer Corp. Combination Aspirin Products Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation, MDL No. 2023 (Eastern District of New York); In re: Chinese-Manufactured Drywall Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2047 (Eastern District of Louisiana); In re: Black Farmers Discrimination Litigation, Consolidated Case No.: 08-0511 (District of Columbia), (Class Counsel and Member of Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee).
- University of Florida:
- BS, 1982
- JD, 1985
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- Member; Florida Bar Board of Governors (2009-2012)
- Past President, Lee County (Florida) Bar Association
- Past Chair, The Florida Bar Grievance Committee “A” Twentieth Judicial Circuit
- Past President, Naples/Fort Myers Chapter, American Board of Trial Advocates (“ABOTA”)
- Florida Supreme Court approved Arbitrator
- Florida Legal Elite
- Foreign Legal Consultant, Law Society of Upper Canada
Rate : $$$