Scott R. Weiser’s practice focuses on domestic and cross-border business and securities matters. He provides counsel to clients on mergers and acquisitions, investment transactions and corporate governance. Scott has extensive experience working with European companies, including providing day-to-day legal advice on commercial matters and business contracts.
As a member of the New York City Bar Association, Scott served as assistant secretary to the Task Force on the Lawyer’s Role in Corporate Governance from 2005 to 2006. In that role, he participated in the drafting of the November 2006 “Report of the Task Force on the Lawyer’s Role in Corporate Governance.”
- Advised a manufacturer of self-adhesive products and reflective materials on the acquisition via an asset deal of a manufacturer of plastic film and sheets and the acquisition by merger of a manufacturer of reflective materials and optical components and films.
- Advised a Swiss international freight-forwarding and logistics group on the stock acquisition of a multimodal shipping company.
- Advised the shareholders of a digital consultancy based in Berlin on their sale via a share purchase agreement of the company to a global software and technology buyer.
- Advised a Swiss and Chinese joint venture on the bankruptcy acquisition of a designer and distributor of fashion and sport watches.
- Advised a German multinational industrial control and automation company in its acquisition by merger of a U.S.-based provider of industrial training systems and machines.
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2000
- B.A., Brandeis University, 1997, cum laude
Admissions : New York, 2001
Rate : $$$$