Scott A. Zimmermann is a partner in the San Francisco office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where he is a member of the firm’s energy and infrastructure finance practice and focuses on representing leading and emerging companies in the solar, energy storage, energy efficiency, and distributed energy resources markets.
He is also active in helping his clients develop and finance the next generation of energy and infrastructure assets in developing industries such as water and electric vehicles. His clients include Stem, Vivint Solar, Tesla-SolarCity, Sunrun, Spruce, Carbon Lighthouse, and Redaptive.
Scott advises new and established companies and their investors on issues affecting the energy, infrastructure, and clean tech industries, including all aspects of project development, debt and tax equity project finance, private equity, structured finance, joint ventures, and start-up counseling.
He has supported enterprises and institutions across the globe involved in financing, developing, and regulating energy technology and infrastructure. Scott has extensive international experience, and his practice at the firm continues to focus on international markets.
He is an active contributor to the firm’s pro bono activities, representing nonprofits in the energy, climate, health, and environmental fields. Scott brings more than 20 years of experience working in the energy industry to his practice. He was a process engineer for Fluor Corporation, where he supported the design and construction of international oil and gas facilities.
Subsequently, Scott led the product development team at a start-up software company, developing solutions to improve the design, operation, and maintenance of large energy facilities. Scott teaches Energy Project Development and Finance at UC Berkeley School of Law.
- J.D., UC Berkeley School of Law, 2008
- M.S., Energy & Resources, University of California, Berkeley, 2008
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Stanford University, 1996
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Adjunct Faculty, UC Berkeley School of Law, 2012-present
- Advisory Board Member, Center for Law, Energy & the Environment, UC Berkeley School of Law
- Member, American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Licensed Professional Engineer (Chemical), State of California
- Recipient, U.S. EPA Region 9 Environmental Leadership Award
- Member, Energy Bar Association
- Director, AIDS Legal Referral Panel
- State Bar of California
Rate : $$$