Sean Doyle is a corporate attorney concentrating in mergers and acquisitions, securities law and general corporate law. Mr. Doyle’s mergers and acquisitions experience includes public and private transactions, negotiated acquisitions and contested takeovers, joint ventures and other corporate transactions.
He was named Lawyer of the Year in the Food and Beverage category at The Deal Awards in 2018. Mr. Doyle has been involved in a number of significant transactions, including:
- The Coca-Cola Company’s acquisitions of the North American business of Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc., Energy Brands Inc. and Fuze Beverages LLC; its equity investment in Honest Tea, Inc.; and the sale of its 51 percent stake in Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines, Inc. to Coca-Cola FEMSA, S.A.B. de C.V. (Mexico);
- Joh. A. Benckiser Group’s acquisition of Peet’s Coffee & Tea, Inc. and Caribou Coffee Company, Inc.;
- Citigroup’s sale of its life insurance and annuity business to MetLife, Inc.; the sale of its asset management business to Legg Mason, Inc.; and the sale of its student loan origination and servicing business to Discover Financial Services and Sallie Mae.
Mr. Doyle also has advised several financial services clients regarding distribution arrangements and investment banking clients in transactional work.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1993 (magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Administrative Editor, The Georgetown Law Journal)
- A.B, Georgetown University, 1988
Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$$