With his deep experience in a broad range of corporate matters, Sean Ehni provides high-quality service and advice to companies throughout their life cycle, from startup to IPO. Sean works with private and public companies on a wide range of corporate matters, including early-round investments, capital markets offerings, securities law compliance, corporate governance, and mergers and acquisitions.
He has specific experience in advising issuers and investment banking firms in connection with public offerings and private placements of debt and equity securities, including IPOs, follow-on offerings, PIPE transactions, 144A private placements and at-the-market transactions.
Sean also provides ongoing corporate governance and compliance counsel, including with regard to periodic reporting and correspondence with the SEC. In addition, he represents private equity funds and privately held companies with regard to seed capital offerings, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships.
Before joining the firm, Sean was an associate attorney in the highly regarded corporate group of one of the world’s largest and most prominent law firms, where his practice focused on providing corporate advice primarily to upstream and midstream companies in the energy space.
While attending law school, Sean worked with the Entrepreneurship and Community Development Clinic and provided business representation to a garage startup and a community organization designed to provide affordable housing for low-income residents of Austin, Texas.
Sean continues to work with community organizations in Atlanta, particularly with respect to landlord-tenant matters and eviction defense.
Representative Matters :
- Representation of a fintech company with respect to its $40 million preferred stock financing and ongoing corporate governance issues.
- Representation of a biorefinery company with respect to tax-exempt bonds issued in connection with the development of a new, cutting-edge biorefinery.
- Representation of a public oil field services company specializing in offshore services with respect to its cross-border merger with a Paris-based oil field services company with a total combined enterprise value of over $13 billion.
- Representation of a private equity firm in connection with its acquisition and recapitalization of a grain and agriculture infrastructure company for a total enterprise value of over $200 million.
- Representation of a home security company in connection with the proposed private placement of high-yield debt securities valued at over $250 million.
- Representation of the underwriters in connection with the $230 million initial public offering of common stock of a master limited partnership engaged in the processing and sale of wood pellets to replace coal in power-generating facilities.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Pro bono representation of indigent individuals in estate planning and other matters, Lone Star Legal Aid
- Pro bono representation of women seeking asylum pursuant to the Violence Against Women Act, Tahirih Justice Center
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2014
- University of Iowa, B.A., 2011
BAR ADMISSIONS : Texas
Rate : $$$