Sean P. Hanle is an associate in Venable’s Commercial Litigation Practice Group. He has substantial experience representing clients in commercial business disputes, employment matters, and consumer class actions.
Sean represents clients in a broad array of industries, including advertising, media and technology, retail, and facilities management. In addition to his legal experience, Sean is a certified public accountant with a background in tax and finance.
Prior to joining Venable, Sean was a tax supervisor for a major American entertainment industry group, where he coordinated federal, state, and international tax filings. Sean began his career at a Big Four firm as a tax associate, where he completed tax compliance for large corporations and partnerships in a wide variety of industries.
Sean has represented a diverse range of individuals and companies in litigation matters including breach of contract, fraud, false advertising, consumer class actions, trust and estate disputes, and general commercial litigation matters.
Representative matters include:
- Won three successive demurrers and obtained dismissal with prejudice on behalf of a production company against a wrongful death complaint relating to a notorious fatality surrounding the production of promotional content for a major motion picture. The dismissal was affirmed on appeal.
- Defended coffee manufacturer against New Jersey and Florida consumer class action regarding labeling of artificial ingredients
- Represented beneficiary of an Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust (ILIT), defeated claims by competing putative beneficiaries, and secured benefits of multiple life insurance policies
- Represented advertisers in consumer class actions involving violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Defended employers in numerous wage and hour class actions, including representative actions under the Private Attorney General Act (PAGA).
- J.D. Order of the Coif Loyola Law School 2014
- M.P.A. University of Texas 2004
- B.B.A. University of Notre Dame 2003
Bar Admissions : California
Rate : $$$